Eco-chill Bio Marine Ice Packs and Eco-freeze are intended for maintaining foods, medications and other perishables at refrigerated or frozen temperatures during temporary storage or transport in insulated containers.
- Sustainably sourced recycled and Bio Marine Waste Content
- Non contamination risk from recycled or Bio Marine Waste Content
- Carbon footprint of Bio Marine Waste Content is more than 5 times lower than conventional plastics.
- Bio Marine content provides approx. 5 times less greenhouse gas impact than PE and PP
- Recycled content saves 40-60% of Co2 emissions over virgin grade resins
- Our Ice Packs are designed to freeze in a residential freezer or commercial freezer.
- 100% Recyclable - Re-use or discard in normal recycling waste disposal.
- The pack may be stored safely either frozen or at room temperature and may be cleaned with soap and warm water.
Safe and Non-toxic.
Consists of a pure water and are made of high quality, non-toxic material
Can Gel Packs be Recycled? -
You can re-use them for a picnic or in a lunch box. Once you're finished, melt the ice packs, cut open the bags, pour the non-toxic solution down the drain (using hot water to dissolve the gel), and recycle the plastic casing.
Why not re-use them? They are great for picnics/lunchboxes.
To dispose of your gel ice packs, defrost them and cut open a corner with scissors.
- Dispose of the contents in your normal domestic waste system. Or in a sink using hot water to dilute. You don’t need to worry if the contents touch your skin as this is a non-toxic substance. The contents are benign and not harmful to the environment. It is an inert media so does not release harmful gases when in landfill. - it will have no mineral effect to the soil.
- Once the gel has been removed from the bag, give it a good rinse and your plastic casing can be placed in a recycling bin!
Produced in the UK in BRC Grade Conditions